Tuesday 6 August 2013

Time management skills

I have recently been taking a bit of a self-enforced sabbatical from my creative endeavours to sort out the bit of my life that actually brings in the cash - the boring, day job side. I recently read an article which said that, when self-employed, it is important to take a good look at your time management. It suggested drawing a chart of how you divide your working day. This seemed like an eminently brilliant bit of procrastination, so instead of doing work I made this:
.

This is a very simplified version, of course. I actually do much more. Like drinking tea.
They were right. I now see where I'm going wrong. From now on, I'm going to cut right down on the baby sloth videos. Sorted.


3 comments:

  1. Is drawing up time management pie charts included in the actual work section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insights.
    If you’d like a tool for managing your time and projects, you can use this web-application inspired by David Allen’s GTD:

    http://www.Gtdagenda.com

    You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, and a calendar.
    Syncs with Evernote and Google Calendar, and also comes with mobile version, and Android and iPhone apps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steady on there... That's a bit too close to Actual Organisation. If you carry on like this you may even be able to have a full time business (watching baby sloth videos all day?!!)

    ReplyDelete